Will I ever tell you the context behind this sentence? No.
"So, a monster about five foot six?"
A few Dutch sayings in English;
- It rains steel pipes.
- I fell with the door in the house.
- There is nothing on the hand.
- I shall let them smell a poopy.
- I’m keeping you in the holes.
- I don’t trust you for a meter.
- It shall me a sausage be.
- It’s dick black outside.
- Unfortunately peanutbutter.
- To participate for bacon and beans.
- There is not a ball on the tv.
- It walks in the soup.
- Falling through the basket.
- This time, I can see it through the fingers.
Let me just add some personal favourites;
I have a dark brown suspicion
That sits quite mustache
Oh, on that bike
You can go on the pot
It can’t matter to me an ass
If you like sausage
Am I standing here for Jan dick, or so?
Two Owls, Gustave Doré
this may be my favorite new blog
Genica Missirio as Murat in Napoléon (1927)
and this little gem
Napoleon at Leipzig [x]
Portrait of Caroline Bonaparte by Leopold Kupelwieser
Le collectionneur d’estampes (1857/1860) - Honoré Daumier
October 17, 1815
Napoleon Bonaparte arrives on the island of St. Helena
199 years ago today…
Wardrobes in History: Napoléon Bonaparte, Emperor of the French